High Volt Electric and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.highvoltelectric.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information that is defined as personal or personally (“personal information“);
- Log in and password information;
- Relating to employment applications, when you use our employment application portal, including your resume, cover letter, previous work experience, education information, employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, professional and other work-related licenses, certifications and memberships held, references, eligibility to work in the country where a job is located, available start date, and other information that you may submit in connection with an employment application or similar matter;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the Website pages you visit; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Through the use of analytical software that works in conjunction with our Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, or providing information to our employment or subcontractor portals. This includes information provided at the time you contact us, or when you provide us with employment information, or information concerning your status as a subcontractor. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Potentially, your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See “Do Not Track” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Where applicable, to process applications for employment, or to provide subcontractors with information that they have requested.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” technology is offered as a feature of some internet browsers, and enables users to opt out of third-party web tracking, including behavioral advertising. If you enable the Do Not Track feature on your browser, our Website will not gather any information about your use of the Website if that feature functions properly.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail or write to us at the addresses set forth below.
Employment Applications and Employment Matters
Please note that in connection with any information that you submit relating to an employment application, we would prefer that you avoid submitting the following sensitive information, except where such information is legally required: sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, disability, marital status, creed, nationality, national origin, color and/or age.
If you intend to provide us with details of a reference or any other third party as part of your resume and/or application, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that third party prior to providing the personal information to us. You are responsible for the content of all information that you provide to us and you must ensure that it is legal, truthful, accurate, not misleading in any way, does not infringe on any third party’s rights, and that its use is not otherwise legally actionable by such third party.
Site Visitors Under the Age of 13
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Although we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we will take reasonable measures to protect the security and integrity of the information you provide to us. We do not currently encrypt your personally identifiable information. Any transmission of information to us is performed at your own risk.
How to Contact Us